Welcome to Music!
The purpose of a music curriculum is to implement a program of music education that contributes to the development of cultural and aesthetic values, provides the opportunity to learn the skills necessary to make lifelong use of music, and develop an appreciation of music. Performance in a musical group teaches individual improvement as well as teaching group cooperation in a musical setting. Music helps exercise creative and emotional development as well as logical thinking simultaneously.
All elementary school music lessons are based on the National Music Standards which are:
- Children will sing a varied repertoire of music.
- Children will perform on a varied repertoire of musical instruments.
- Children will improvise melodies,variations,and accompaniments.
- Children will compose and arrange music within specified guidelines.
- Children will read and notate music.
- Children will listen to, analyze, and describe music.
- Children will evaluate music and music performances.
- Children will work on understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Most music classes have some singing, moving listening, and playing instruments within their 45 minute class which meets once a week.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.