Welcome to Grade 4!
- Review of addition and subtraction computation
- Fluency of basic facts (upon entering 4th grade, students are expected to be fluent with their addition, subtraction, and multiplication facts)
- Focus in fourth grade is mastery of division facts
- Other units covered: double digit multiplication, long division, geometry, fractions, measurement, decimals
- Fourth graders will be reading chapter books this year in realistic fiction, biography, fantasy, non-fiction, historical fiction, and poetry.
- Rocks and Minerals
- Electricity- Static and Current
- Chemistry-Mystery Powders
- Bones and Muscles
- US Regions
- Overview of the States and Capitals
- New Hampshire Government, Studies, History
Our philosophy for homework in grade four is for students to develop a sense of review, routine, and responsibility. Please contact your child's teacher with any questions or concerns.
Commonly Used Fourth Grade Supplies:
The following items are commonly used, so donations are greatly appreciated: Clorox Wipes, Glue Sticks, Tissues, Pencils, Tin Foil, D Batteries, Ultra Fine Black Sharpies, Zip Lock Baggies of all sizes, Colored Pencils, Dry Erase Markers
Grade 4 Faculty
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.