Dear parents, guardians, and members of the Newmarket community-
Last week, the School Board approved the Next Chapter Workgroups recommendation to accept home administered COVID rapid test results. Previously only positive results were accepted. This will allow parents and staff another level of flexibility for validating they do not have COVID after recovering from illnesses with COVID type symptoms. Below you will find the Home Test Protocol that must be followed to ensure the results can be validated by the school nurse prior to returning from absences related to these illnesses.
Protocol for Home COVID Testing
- Label the test strip card with your (staff or students) full name, date, and time
- If you are unable to document the above information on the test strip, have a piece of paper labeled with:
- Brand of test
- Lot number
- Be sure to read all instructions each home test type/brand has different instructions
- Follow the instructions provided with the test kit
- Once the test is complete, take a photo of the test strip with the personal identification information and submit the photo to the nurse
- Confirm with the school nurse that she received a copy of the test results
- Contact the school to discuss what the next steps would be based on the results and current symptoms
- Remember if a staff member or student/child has symptoms and test negative for COVID, it does not mean they should return to school. Please review the school’s health and wellness exclusion policy JLCG-R on the website.
- If the test result is positive, please follow the current NH DHHS COVID isolation and quarantine guidelines
- If you have any questions or concerns, please follow up with the school nurse
Note: If the COVID test is negative, students and staff should follow the current wellness policy and stay home until fever and symptom free without medication for 24 hours and cough and congestion have improved.
ALSO…The JSHS Drama club would like to extend an invitation to the public to attend their spring production. It is an outrageous murder-mystery called Over My Dead Body by Michael Sutton and Anthony Fingleton! See Attached Flyer.
Show dates will be Friday, May 13th at 7 PM and Saturday, May 14th at noon and 7PM!Please join us for one of the shows as we showcase our talented performing arts students.
Susan K. Givens, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools