Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! Newmarket Junior Senior High School's mission is to provide opportunities for students to realize their potential in a safe and tolerant environment. Our goal is to develop a solid academic foundation of basic skills, critical thinking and creativity. We commit to fostering respect, trust, self-awareness, and an appreciation of cultural, ethnic, lifestyle, and learning diversity. We accept the responsibility for preparing our students to function successfully as productive individuals and responsible citizens in a complex and technological society. To this purpose, we, the administration, staff, parents, and students, dedicate ourselves to work together to create a community of lifelong learners.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundations of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of Newmarket High School students. It is the contributions of our students to our school community that makes Newmarket Junior Senior High School an exceptional learning community. Full participation in academic and co-curricular programs and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year.
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of this process.
It is our belief that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning;
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to discuss, review, and revise exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
Graduates of Newmarket Junior Senior will:
- Think creatively and critically to identify and solve a variety of complex problems
- Use technology as a tool to research, organize, evaluate and communicate information
- Work respectfully with diverse teams, share responsibility for collaborative work, and value the individual contributions made by each team member
- Communicate effectively using oral, written and interpersonal skills in a variety of forms and contexts
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the complex issues that impact the global community such as economics, advances in technology and environmental issues
- Develop a realistic career plan for post-secondary education, skills training and/or entering the workforce.
I wish you all continued success. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at email@example.com . I am honored to be a part of the Newmarket community