Dear parents, guardians, and members of the Newmarket community,
Today, we were informed of one confirmed case of COVID-19 at our Elementary school. All close contacts have been notified and there is no need to pivot any class or grade to remote. On campus learning will continue at the elementary school at this time.
Just a reminder, if you or your child are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, chills, respiratory illness, aches, or change in taste and smell, please stay home and away from others and get a COVID-19 PCR test from your healthcare provider.
The safety of our children and staff is our top priority. To ensure their health and safety, we have been following CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting our high-traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces. In addition, to prevent further spread of the disease in our community, please:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with others. When outside your home, keep a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others. This is known as social distancing.
- Wear a cloth face covering that covers your mouth and nose to protect others when in public areas.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you have a fever or are not feeling well.
Children may worry about themselves, their family, and friends getting sick with COVID-19. Tips for talking to children about COVID-19.
Susan K. Givens, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools