- We have substantially completed all punch list items. We still have outstanding flooring replacement that we expect to be completed over February break.
- All other systems are up and running
- The 11 classrooms on the second-floor center core opened on schedule.
- The new cafetorium has opened; which also provides access to the stage area and direct access to the kitchen.
- The stage area lighting and sound system has been installed and we are anticipating our first performance the beginning of February.
- The media center/library, which was housing the cafeteria during this past construction phase, has been carpeted and the new shelving units are being installed. The new circulation desk has been installed and the area is beginning to take shape as a media center/library environment.
- We went out to a competitive bidding process for both Elementary and Jr/Sr High school furnishings based on guidance from administration and staff. We are working with the low qualified bidder and the school board to move forward with this purchase.
- Demolition activities in the 1925 space have been completed and reconstruction of the space to its new configuration has been started.
- Final completion of the 1925 building is targeted for April 2020 barring unforeseen circumstances.
- We continue to complete punch list items and enhance the new spaces that have been turned over as well as the existing spaces.
- The new digital sign for the JR/SR High is on target to be placed in Spring 2020 across the street by the parking lot, in the area currently occupied by construction trailers.
- We continue to plan for a public open house some time in Spring 2020 after construction is complete.
- The School Board and Building Committee continues to review change requests and "add alternates"; which are enhancements to the project which were identified during the design development phase but were tabled until construction matured and available funds became clearer (e.g., seating for the ES gym, completing the HS court yard per architect's design, etc.).
Next blog update will be published in February 2020. In the interim, please feel free to attend (or watch on Channel 13) the next Building Committee meeting on January 21, 2020. A detailed update on the project is presented at each monthly facilities meeting. By all means please feel free to submit any questions you might have on this website under Facilities, Questions & Comments or email the Clerk of the Works, Greg Marles (email@example.com).