- We have substantially completed all punch list items. We still have outstanding flooring replacement that we expect to be completed over February break.
- All other systems are up and running
- The 11 classrooms on the second-floor center core opened on schedule.
- We are targeting 1/2/20 when students return from holiday break to occupy the first-floor center core and the new cafetorium area.
- The major roof project was completed on time with not incidents and fully compliant with local, state and federal codes. No more drippy ceilings!
- Demolition has started on schedule for 1925 building. All asbestos abatement was conducted at night and all proper safety and security measures were taken during the process. Final completion of the 1925 building is targeted for April 2020 barring unforeseen circumstances.
- We continue to complete punch list items and enhance the new spaces that have been turned over as well as the existing spaces.
- The new digital sign for the JR/SR High is on target to be placed in Spring 2020 across the street by the parking lot, in the area currently occupied by construction trailers.
- We continue to plan for a public open house some time in Spring 2020 after construction is complete.
- The School Board and Facilities Committee continues to review change requests and "add alternates"; which are enhancements to the project which were identified during the design development phase but were tabled until construction matured and available funds became clearer (e.g., seating for the ES gym, completing the HS court yard per architect's design, etc.).
Next blog update will be published in January 2020. In the interim, please feel free to attend (or watch on Channel 13) the next Facilities Committee meeting on December 17, 2019. A detailed update on the project is presented at each monthly facilities meeting. By all means please feel free to submit any questions you might have on this website under Facilities, Questions & Comments or email the Facilities Director and Clerk of the Works, Greg Marles (email@example.com).