- We continue to complete punch list items that were identified during our review of the facilities.
- The 11 classrooms on the second-floor center core are slated to open to students on November 4, 2019. We are on target to meet that goal.
- We are targeting completion of the first-floor center core and opening of the new cafetorium area in late December.
- A major roof project is currently underway. The roof being removed is known to contain up to 5% asbestos in the original tar binder; however, all required safety measures, reporting measures, EPA and DES measures are being taken during removal. Additionally, our district industrial hygienist is overseeing the work. The safety of students, staff and visitors is our number one priority.
- For the first time since the existing gymnasium floor was installed, we were able to screen and topcoat (refinish) the floor, providing for an enhanced surface.
- Starting November 4, 2019 demolition in the 1925 building will commence; which is the last phase of the Jr/Sr High remodel. Final completion of the 1925 building is targeted for April 2020 barring unforeseen circumstances.
- We continue to complete punch list items and enhance the new spaces that have been turned over as well as the existing spaces.
- The new digital sign for the JR/SR High is on target to be placed in Spring 2020 across the street by the parking lot, in the area currently occupied by construction trailers.
- We continue to plan for a public open house some time in Spring 2020 after construction is complete.
- During November 2019, the School Board and Facilities Committee will be working collaboratively to analyze "add alternates"; which are enhancements to the project which were identified during the design development phase but were tabled until construction matured and available funds became clearer (e.g., seating for the ES gym, completing the HS court yard per architect's design, etc.).
Next blog update will be published in November. In the interim, please feel free to attend (or watch on Channel 13) the next Facilities Committee meeting on November 7, 2019. A detailed update on the project is presented at each monthly facilities meeting. By all means please feel free to submit any questions you might have on this website under Facilities, Questions & Comments or email the Facilities Director and Clerk of the Works, Greg Marles (email@example.com).